RFR: 8212794 IBM-964 and IBM-29626C are required for AIX default charset

Ichiroh Takiguchi takiguc at linux.vnet.ibm.com
Thu Nov 15 00:29:02 UTC 2018

Hello Martin.

I know your point, but it's default encoding issue.
User cannot start OpenJDK JDK9/10/11/12 on ja_JP(IBM29626C) and
zh_TW(IBM964)
locale on AIX.
But IBM964 cannot be used for default encoding in current setting.
This fix is really required on OpenJDK for AIX.

Ichiroh Takiguchi

On 2018-11-15 04:50, Martin Buchholz wrote:
> Ichiroh, IBM/AIX people should reach consensus on how to handle IBM
> charsets.  I'm going to add some IBM people who might know or care.
>
> (I haven't used AIX in 20 years)
>
> On Wed, Nov 14, 2018 at 10:23 AM, Ichiroh Takiguchi <
> takiguc at linux.vnet.ibm.com> wrote:
>
>> Hello.
>>
>> Martin Buchholz suggested me via bugs.openjdk.java.net,
>> I should not touch non AIX side.
>> So I rewrote another code.
>> Could you review the fix again ?
>>
>> Bug:    https://bugs.openjdk.java.net/browse/JDK-8212794
>> Change: https://cr.openjdk.java.net/~itakiguchi/8212794/webrev.01/
>>
>> I don't want to touch non AIX side code, but I need to rename 3 files
>> to avoid compilation issue.
>> IBM33722.java -> IBM33722.java.template
>> IBM964.java -> IBM964.java.template
>> SimpleEUCEncoder.java -> SimpleEUCEncoder.java.template
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Ichiroh Takiguchi
>> IBM Japan, Ltd.

>>> http://mail.openjdk.java.net/pipermail/core-libs-dev/2018-Ju