RFR: 8212794 IBM-964 and IBM-29626C are required for AIX default charset

Andrew Leonard andrew_m_leonard at uk.ibm.com
Tue Nov 27 09:40:44 UTC 2018

No worries Martin, I realize what you're saying about AIX, I shall put out
feelers for another sponsor.
Thanks
Andrew

Java Runtimes Development
IBM Hursley
IBM United Kingdom Ltd
Phone internal: 245913, external: 01962 815913
internet email: andrew_m_leonard at uk.ibm.com

From:   Martin Buchholz <martinrb at google.com>
To:     Andrew Leonard <andrew_m_leonard at uk.ibm.com>
Cc:     core-libs-dev <core-libs-dev at openjdk.java.net>, Ichiroh Takiguchi
<TAKIGUC at jp.ibm.com>, Volker Simonis <volker.simonis at gmail.com>
Date:   27/11/2018 03:32
Subject:        Re: RFR: 8212794 IBM-964 and IBM-29626C are required for
AIX default charset

Sorry, I'm sympathetic but I can't help push this through.

These days, all computers should have a default charset of UTF-8 or
perhaps one of the other "Standard" charsets. Other charsets should be
regarded as legacy.  Surely AIX has UTF-8 variants of all the locales?

On Sun, Nov 25, 2018 at 10:17 AM, Andrew Leonard <