RFR: JDK-8213362 : Could not find libjava.dylib error when initializing JVM via JNI_CreateJavaVM

Henry Jen henry.jen at oracle.com
Tue Nov 27 23:05:44 UTC 2018

Hi,

Please review a follow up webrev[1] based on Priyanka’s patch, it simply added a test case for Mac only that will link with libjli.
Note that, to use invoke API, one should probably link with libjvm, which works for all supported platforms, not just Mac.

Cheers,
Henry

[1] http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~henryjen/jdk12/8213362.0/webrev/

> On Nov 6, 2018, at 12:18 AM, Magnus Ihse Bursie <magnus.ihse.bursie at oracle.com> wrote:
>
> I now noticed that this was only sent to build-dev. This is not really a build question. Cc:ing core-libs-dev.
>
> /Magnus
>
>> 5 nov. 2018 kl. 15:21 skrev Magnus Ihse Bursie <magnus.ihse.bursie at oracle.com>:
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> Fix looks good, but maybe we should have a regression test of GetJREPath()?
>>
>> /Magnus
>>
>>> 5 nov. 2018 kl. 12:09 skrev Priyanka Mangal <priyanka.mangal at oracle.com>:
>>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> Please review the minor fix for :
>>> http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~pmangal/8213362/webrev.00/
>>>
>>> With the JDK-8210931 <https://bugs.openjdk.java.net/browse/JDK-8210931> libjli has moved from "jli" subdirectory into standard lib directory.
>>> However `GetJREPath` method in `src/java.base/macosx/native/libjli/java_md_macosx.m` still assumes that `libjli.dylib` should be on `lib/jli/libjli.dylib` path.
>>> So corrected the same.
>>>
>>> Testing:
>>> mach5 : tier1-3
>>> http://java.se.oracle.com:10065/mdash/jobs/fmatte-jdk-20181105-0941-8721?search=result.status:*