Extending Java Arrays/Collection Sort API

Brian Goetz brian.goetz at oracle.com
Wed Nov 28 21:30:44 UTC 2018

The way we like to approach this is: first explore whether the problem
is one we should solve (that's this discussion, it's going well), then
design discussions (you probably have one in your back pocket already),
then implementation/testing/review, and then we can think about which
version to target.

It seems like we've reached consensus that we've got a gap we'd like to
fill.  So, next step is to explore API variants, and work together to
identify which are likely to be best for the widest variety of users and
use cases.