RFR: 8213754: PPC64: Add Intrinsics for isDigit/isLowerCase/isUpperCase/isWhitespace

Roger Riggs Roger.Riggs at oracle.com
Thu Nov 29 14:52:32 UTC 2018

Hi Michihiro,

I may have missed the earliest part of this thread.
Have you run performance tests on these functions to ensure no regression
on other platforms and to note the improvements for PPC.

There are a few JMH tests for upper and lower in the
jmh-jdk-microbenchmarks repo. [1]
src/main/java/org/openjdk/bench/java/lang/StringUpperLower.java

It would be good to contribute a micro benchmark for the digits case.

Thanks, Roger

p.s. If you get an email bounced message from sending to
core-libs-dev at openjdk.java.net
please subscribe to it or your emails may be quarantined.

[1] http://hg.openjdk.java.net/code-tools/jmh-jdk-microbenchmarks