RFR: JDK-8197398 (zipfs) OutOfMemoryError when talking contents of empty JAR file

Deepak Kejriwal deepak.kejriwal at oracle.com
Tue Sep 25 05:53:11 UTC 2018

Hi,

Gentle reminder for review below fix.

Regards,
Deepak

-----Original Message-----
From: Deepak Kejriwal
Sent: Friday, September 21, 2018 3:26 PM
To: core-libs-dev <core-libs-dev at openjdk.java.net>
Subject: RFR: JDK-8197398 (zipfs) OutOfMemoryError when talking contents of empty JAR file

Hi all,

Please help review the changes for JDK-8199776 to JDK8u:-

Master Bug: https://bugs.openjdk.java.net/browse/JDK-8199776

Webrev: http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~rpatil/8199776/webrev.00/

Background:-

We have bug JDK-8197398 fixed in jdk 12 where Files.walkFileTree walk indefinitely while processing JAR file with "/" as a directory inside.

Since code for zipfs in jdk8dev different compared to jdk 12, the fix is not exactly same.

Proposed fix:

While iterating over the zip entries added a check to see if entry name is equal to "/" (absolute path). If the entry name is equal to "/" we don't add it to "inodes" map.

Regards,

Deepak