RFR : 8217093: Support extended-length paths in parse_manifest.c on windows

Baesken, Matthias matthias.baesken at sap.com
Wed Feb 6 09:20:33 UTC 2019

Thanks .
Looks like there are a few  open calls  in windows or shared code present , for example :

Zlib:

gzlib.c

hotspot:

osSupport_windows.cpp
compactHashtable.cpp

but mostly it is CreateFile(W)  ( not sure if it is always with extended length path support).

We could also compare what is done in JDK and in Windows HS os::open

int os::open(const char *path, int oflag, int mode) {

from os_windows.cpp    (this creates an UNC path + uses _wopen ).

Best regards, Matthias