RFR(JDK 13/java.xml) 8187697: Cleanup: irrelevant code in OutputPropertiesFactory

Lance Andersen lance.andersen at oracle.com
Wed Feb 13 19:55:54 UTC 2019

Hi Joe

Overall  the change seems Ok, assuming all the tests are happy :-)

One minor suggestion  for:

src/java.xml/share/classes/com/sun/org/apache/xml/internal/serializer/OutputPropertiesFactory.java

-  line 150,  please put the ‘*/“ on its own line

> On Feb 13, 2019, at 1:15 PM, Joe Wang <huizhe.wang at oracle.com> wrote:
>
> Please review a cleanup patch for the OutputPropertiesFactory.
>
> The original intention was to remove the (awkward) JDK 1.2-related code, line 235-258 in the old file.  I then went a bit further to remove another nuisance that annoyed users with an error "Could not load the property file 'output_xml.properties' for output method 'xml'" from time to time. The output properties files are now removed and the contents moved into static arrays in OutputPropertiesFactory between line 192 and 288 in the new file.
>
> The processing process is kept mostly as is. The only change was removing the "fixupPropertyString" process, as a result the only line kept from the old file line 447 - 500 was line 376 in the new file.

> webrevs: http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~joehw/jdk13/8187697/webrev/
>
> Thanks,
> Joe

 <http://oracle.com/us/design/oracle-email-sig-198324.gif>