RFR 8213031: (zipfs) Add support for POSIX file permissions

Alan Bateman Alan.Bateman at oracle.com
Thu Feb 14 13:41:05 UTC 2019

On 13/02/2019 22:26, Langer, Christoph wrote:
> :
>> Also the "Zip" view of file attributes will need to be fleshed out more
>> (the view name for example).
> I don't know if that's really necessary as the "Zip" view currently is internal to jdk.zips and I don't propose to export it.
Not exporting it is fine but are you planning to document
"zip:storedPermissions"? The version I looked at did document
"storedPermissions" which amounts to zipfs documenting an interface.

>> I'm not sure about using ${user.name} and "<zipfs_default>" as default.
>> Have you looked at using the zip file owner/group (or owner/owner on
>> Windows) as the default?
> Hm, I guess for Unix that'd be ok. But how would I get to the owner of a file in Window's default file system?
The zip provider can use Files.getOwner and that can be used for group
when PosixFileAttributeView isn't supported by the file system
containing the zip file.

> :
> I'll try to address these points in a next iteration.
Great, I think the finial line on this feature isn't too far away.

-Alan