RFR: JDK-8212091 : Move native code under platform specific folders and files

Magnus Ihse Bursie magnus.ihse.bursie at oracle.com
Fri Feb 15 07:44:16 UTC 2019

On 2019-02-15 04:31, Alexander Matveev wrote:
> Please review the jpackage fix for bug [1] at [2].
>
> This is a fix for the JDK-8200758-branch branch of the open sandbox
> repository (jpackage).
>
> - Moved native code under platform specific folder.
> - Removed most usage on #ifdefs for WINDOWS, LINUX, MAC and POSIX.
> - MAC define is still used in JavaVirtualMachine.cpp and Package.cpp
> for Mac specific code to filter out some arguments. I decided to keep
> it as is for now, since Mac specific code is small.
> - Defines are used in Platform.cpp to initialize platform specific
> classes.
> - Removed all pragma warning and fixed all compilation warnings.
> - Removed unused code.

> [2] http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~almatvee/8212091/webrev.00/
The JDK standard is to use "unix", not "posix", for the shared
functionality between linux/solaris/macosx. You can keep the name
"PosixPlatform.*" if you want, though; the important thing is the
directory name.

Also, if you do that, you do not need any changes to
make/lib/Lib-jdk.jpackage.gmk, since that will be automatically
understood by the build system.

It looks from the webrev that you have "moved" the files by doing "hg
add" and "hg remove". Please use "hg move" instead -- this will keep
history intact, and it allows reviewers to see if you have also made
changes to the moved files.

(If you do have modified the moved file, reverting a "hg add+hg remove"
process is a bit more tricky -- you need to do "hg forget" on the new
file, rename it to something else (otherwise "hg move" will complain),
"hg revert" the old file back in place, do a "hg move" from the old to
the new, and then copy the modified, renamed file back over the target
new file again.)

/Magnus