can't create an image using jpackage and javafx

Edoardo Panfili edoardo at aspix.it
Wed Feb 20 18:57:16 UTC 2019

Hi,

I'm trying to create an image of an application that uses JavaFX on macOS

The builds goes well but when I try to launch the application the result
is "LSOpenURLsWithRole() failed with error -10810 for the file
/Users/edoardo/Desktop/java-next/workspace/asteroidi/Asteroids.app."

the project is a single module and a single file application (with some
resources)

I try to explain how I build the package:

$PATH_TO_J12/java --version
openjdk 12 2019-03-19
OpenJDK Runtime Environment (build 12+32)
OpenJDK 64-Bit Server VM (build 12+32, mixed mode, sharing)

$PATH_TO_J12/javac --module-path $PATH_TO_FX -d mods/asteroidi $(find
src/ -name "*.java")

cp src/gioco/!(*.java) mods/asteroidi/gioco/

$PATH_TO_J12/java --module-path "$PATH_TO_FX:mods" -m asteroidi/gioco.Angoli

all goes well, the application works correctly

If I use jlink to build the package all works fine.

$PATH_TO_J13/jpackage --version
jpackage version 13-internal

$PATH_TO_J13/jpackage create-image --output . --name Asteroids
--main-class gioco.Angoli --module asteroidi --module-path
$PATH_TO_FX_MODS:mods

with a double click on the Asteroid application in finder nothing happens

using "open Asteroids.app" from the terminal

LSOpenURLsWithRole() failed with error -10810 for the file
/Users/edoardo/Desktop/java-next/asteroidi/Asteroids.app.

Reagards

Edoardo