RFR(S) : 8219139 : move hotspot tests from test/jdk/vm

mikhailo.seledtsov at oracle.com mikhailo.seledtsov at oracle.com
Fri Feb 22 18:35:37 UTC 2019

   Overall the change looks good; thank you Igor for doing this. I have
couple of comments:

   - I am in favor of the approach where we move tests first under
corresponding sub-component directories in
     test/hotspot sub-tree, and then figure out whether to keep them.
Even though in general I am in favor
     of removing tests that are obsolete or of questionable value, this
requires time, consideration and discussions.
     Hence, I recommend filing an RFE for that, which can be addressed
after the migration.

   - Runtime normally avoids tests directly in test/hotspot/jtreg/runtime
     The tests should go into underlying sub-directories which best
match functional area or topic of that test.
     In most cases you did it in your change, but there are several
tests that your change places directly under
      test/hotspot/jtreg/runtime/:

      ExplicitArithmeticCheck.java
      MonitorCacheMaybeExpand_DeadLock.java
      ReflectStackOverflow.java
      ShiftTest.java - David commented this can go under compiler (a jit
test)
      WideStrictInline.java

      Since we plan (as discussed) to follow up this work with an RFE to
review and consider removal of old and
      not-that-useful tests, you could place them under 'misc' for now.
Alternatively, find the best match
      or create new sub-directories under runtime/ if necessary.

Thank you,
Misha