RFR: 8227587: Add internal privileged System.loadLibrary

Alan Bateman Alan.Bateman at oracle.com
Sat Jul 20 15:23:04 UTC 2019

On 16/07/2019 14:48, Claes Redestad wrote:
> Hi,
>
> refactored to use a BootLoader::loadLibrary API that is only visible
> within the java.base module:
>
> http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~redestad/8227587/open.03/
>
> I've retained the bridge to ClassLoader::loadLibrary for performance,
> but without any magic or privilege escalation involved. Moving sys_path
> / systemNativeLibraries out of ClassLoader seems quite complicated, so
> I've not attempted that refactoring for this RFE
Adding BootLoader.loadLibrary is okay but we should try to keep method
description consistent with the other methods in this class. Also I
think we can clean up the SM path while we are there.

Several of the NIO classes have been changed to the following, which
looks a bit odd

jdk.internal.loader.BootLoader.loadLibrary("net");
jdk.internal.loader.BootLoader.loadLibrary("nio");

I see this has been pushed so I'll create a follow-on issue for the
cleanups.

-Alan.