jpackage: packaging a real application

Nicolas Roduit nicolas.roduit at gmail.com
Sat Jul 27 06:30:12 UTC 2019

Hi all,

I'm trying to use jpackage to replace deployment by Java Web Start. I
have set up a continuous build to allow the construction of a package on
Windows, Mac and Linux.

The latest changes to the directory change of the launch binaries and
the change in the value of the current working directory required a
series of modification in my build. However, there is a bug on Linux for
the installation of the file association, see the proposed patch in
attachment.

There is another problem that seems to me to be major. It is to no
longer possible to overload the construction of the MSI. I modified the
code to be able to add my own main.wxs file. I think that being able to
fully overload main.wxs is essential even if many users will just use
the default template.

Best,

Nicolas