RFR: 8236634: Memory Access API tests fail on 32-bit

Nick Gasson nick.gasson at arm.com
Wed Jan 8 07:21:42 UTC 2020

Hi Maurizio,

On 07/01/2020 19:06, Maurizio Cimadamore wrote:

> As for integrating this - what are your plans? JDK 14 or panama repo? I
> see you have targeted 14 in the issue, which is fine, but the priority
> is P4. Needs to be at least a P3 to be pushed in the RDP1 period (and I
> think a case can be made for it being a P3 - since it's desirable for
> tests to pass on all platforms). Note that while we have no priority
> requirements on test/doc bugs (all can be fixed under RDP1/2), there
> requirement kicks in here because of your change to Unsafe (or the
> equivalent change to the memory access API implementation).
>
> An alternative would be to fix all the tests and keeping existing
> priority (and maybe fix the testTooBigForArrays so that it does nothing
> on 32-bits) - and then deciding what to do with Unsafe::allocateMemory
> in a separate followup issue.

I'm happy to split it into two patches. One with the build/test fixes
for jdk/jdk14 and another with the Unsafe and
internal/foreign/Utils.java change for jdk/jdk (or panama/dev?). I think
the most important change for jdk14 is the build fix for
libNativeAccess.c as that causes "make test" to fail with the default
warnings-as-errors.

Thanks,
Nick