RFR: 8238669: Long.divideUnsigned is extremely slow for certain values (Needs to be Intrinsic) [v2]

rgiulietti github.com+70726043+rgiulietti at openjdk.java.net
Tue Sep 8 22:05:13 UTC 2020

> This is a follow-up of the Mercurial-based workflow initiated on the core-lib-devs mailing list [0]. Not sure if this
> one is strictly necessary or if the patches sent on the list are sufficient. Anyway, I exploit this PR as a test ;-)
> [0] https://mail.openjdk.java.net/pipermail/core-libs-dev/2020-September/068474.html

rgiulietti has updated the pull request incrementally with one additional commit since the last revision:

  8238669: Long.divideUnsigned is extremely slow for certain values (Needs to be Intrinsic)

  Added helpful parentheses and comments to clarify aspects not discussed in "Hacker's Delight".

Changes:
  - new: https://git.openjdk.java.net/jdk/pull/31/files/6ae462c4..e1563721

Webrevs:
 - full: https://webrevs.openjdk.java.net/?repo=jdk&pr=31&range=01