RFR: 8244706: GZIP "OS" header flag hard-coded to 0 instead of 255 (RFC 1952 non-compliance) [v4]

Jaikiran Pai jpai at openjdk.java.net
Tue Sep 15 12:39:11 UTC 2020

On Sun, 13 Sep 2020 02:22:54 GMT, Jaikiran Pai <jpai at openjdk.org> wrote:

>> Hi Jaikiran,
>>
>> The change seems fine an inline with the RFC.  I can sponsor this once we have another review.
>>
>> I have run the JCK tests for Zip/Gzip/Jar and Mach5 JDK tier1, tier2 and tier3
>
> Thank you Lance for the review and running the tests. I'll wait for another review before initiating the integrate
> command.

I received some useful suggestions, offline, from Lance and Brent on this change and have updated this PR to include
those suggestions. Please ignore the intermediate commits though (I accidentally added an unwanted file to this PR,
which I have then removed in a subsequent commit). This is ready for a review now.