RFR: 8253342: Fix typos in String.transform

Pavel Rappo prappo at openjdk.java.net
Fri Sep 18 08:56:49 UTC 2020

On Fri, 18 Sep 2020 08:46:45 GMT, Aleksey Shipilev <shade at openjdk.org> wrote:

>> To confirm that this would not require a CSR I asked Joe Darcy. Joe replied that this would NOT require a CSR.
>
> src/java.base/share/classes/java/lang/String.java line 3186:
>
>> 3184:      * caller.
>> 3185:      *
>> 3186:      * @param f    a function to apply
>
> Shouldn't this be "_the_ function to apply"? Grep for other instance of "function to apply" in javadocs :)

I grepped that before pushing and the results were inconclusive. For example, compare the below fragments from the same
file:

    /**
     * @param mapper the mapping function to apply to each element
     */
    public static <T>
    Collector<T, ?, LongSummaryStatistics> summarizingLong(ToLongFunction<? super T> mapper)
    /**
     * @param mapper a mapping function to apply to each element
     */
    public static <T>
    Collector<T, ?, DoubleSummaryStatistics> summarizingDouble(ToDoubleFunction<? super T> mapper)