RFR: 8248238: Implementation of JEP: Windows AArch64 Support [v5]

Bernhard Urban-Forster burban at openjdk.java.net
Thu Sep 24 15:15:47 UTC 2020

On Thu, 24 Sep 2020 04:45:16 GMT, David Holmes <dholmes at openjdk.org> wrote:

>> Monica Beckwith has updated the pull request incrementally with one additional commit since the last revision:
>>
>>   Update orderAccess_windows_aarch64.hpp
>>
>>   changing from Acq-reL to Sequential Consistency to avoid compiler reordering when no ordering hints are provided
>
> src/hotspot/os/windows/os_windows.cpp line 2546:
>
>> 2544:
>> 2545: #ifdef _M_ARM64
>> 2546:       // Unsafe memory access
>
> I'm not at all clear why this unsafe memory access handling is for Aarch64 only?

Hum, this was already part of
[JDK-8250810](https://github.com/openjdk/jdk/commit/a4eaf9536c272862b5ec856bf263679be09bddc9) /
[JDK-8248817](https://github.com/openjdk/jdk/commit/257809d7440e87ac595d03b6c9a98d8f457f314c)  (see a couple lines
below in this PR) without the `ifdef` for Aarch64, but I messed up rebasing on top of it. I removed it now, thanks for
catching!