RFR: JDK-8266490: Extend the OSContainer API to support the pids controller of cgroups [v3]

Matthias Baesken mbaesken at openjdk.java.net
Fri Jul 9 11:17:32 UTC 2021

> Hello, please review this PR; it extend the OSContainer API in order to also support the pids controller of cgroups.
>
> I noticed that unlike the other controllers "cpu", "cpuset", "cpuacct", "memory"  on some older Linux distros (SLES 12.1, RHEL 7.1) the pids controller might not be there (or not fully supported) so it was added as optional  , see the coding
>

>   if (!cg_infos[PIDS_IDX]._data_complete) {
>     log_debug(os, container)("Optional cgroup v1 pids subsystem not found");
>     // keep the other controller info, pids is optional
>   }

Matthias Baesken has updated the pull request incrementally with one additional commit since the last revision:

  test and small adjustments suggested by Severin

Changes:
  - new: https://git.openjdk.java.net/jdk/pull/4518/files/afd7bf61..f5527143

Webrevs:
 - full: https://webrevs.openjdk.java.net/?repo=jdk&pr=4518&range=02