jpackage OS/X JDK-8263157 fix regressed out

Michael Hall mik3hall at gmail.com
Thu Jul 22 18:04:22 UTC 2021

> On Jul 22, 2021, at 12:29 PM, Alexey Semenyuk <alexey.semenyuk at oracle.com> wrote:
>
> The fix for JDK-8263157 cleared the default value of `java.library.path` system property and resulted in JDK-8267598 regression. So the fix for JDK-8263157 was reworked: jpackage doesn't set `java.library.path` system property, but it adds `app` directory to `DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH` env variable on OSX. OSX JVM startup code builds the value of `java.library.path` system property from the value of `DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH` env variable. This way jpackage doesn't interfere with the default JVM initialization code and also adds `app`  directory to `java.library.path` system property.
> As far as I can see it from the log, the value of `java.library.path` contains `app` dir - `/Users/mjh/HalfPipe/HalfPipe_jpkg/outputdir/HalfPipe.app/Contents/app`. So it works as expected.
> Are you sure the native library is in place?
>
> - Alexey

I missed that it was there somehow, but…

ls outputdir/HalfPipe.app/Contents/app | grep dylib
libAppleScriptEngine.dylib
libBSF4ooRexx.dylib
libfscript.dylib
libhp.dylib
libmacattrs.dylib

Also overriding
-Djava.library.path=$APPDIR
worked. So I didn’t look too closely.
So what am I still missing?
;/Users/mjh/HalfPipe/HalfPipe_jpkg/outputdir/HalfPipe.app/Contents/app:/Users/mjh/Library/Java/Extensions:
Inconsistent path separators?