RFR: JDK-8266490: Extend the OSContainer API to support the pids controller of cgroups [v6]

Matthias Baesken mbaesken at openjdk.java.net
Fri Jul 23 11:05:03 UTC 2021

On Fri, 23 Jul 2021 08:39:37 GMT, Severin Gehwolf <sgehwolf at openjdk.org> wrote:

> No, I don't know what to do about it. All I can see it comes back with a pids limit of `38019` when set to `-1`. It does seem like a bug or an intentional setting so as to avoid fork bombs.

Very strange indeed, I have docker 20.10.2 on my Ubuntu test server and there the tests work and no "38019" is coming back for -1/unlimited . What distro are you using?  I did a quick search but did not find much about the mysterious  `38019`  .  Could this be some setting configured on your box that is picked up as an additional limit ?