[jdk17] RFR: 8067223: [TESTBUG] Rename Whitebox API package

Vladimir Kozlov kvn at openjdk.java.net
Thu Jul 29 01:33:29 UTC 2021

On Wed, 28 Jul 2021 17:13:49 GMT, Igor Ignatyev <iignatyev at openjdk.org> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> could you please review this big tedious and trivial(-ish) patch which moves `sun.hotspot.WhiteBox` and related classes to `jdk.test.whitebox` package?
>
> the majority of the patch is the following substitutions:
>  - `s~sun/hotspot/WhiteBox~jdk/test/whitebox/WhiteBox~g`
>  - `s/sun.hotspot.parser/jdk.test.whitebox.parser/g`
>  - `s/sun.hotspot.cpuinfo/jdk.test.whitebox.cpuinfo/g`
>  - `s/sun.hotspot.code/jdk.test.whitebox.code/g`
>  - `s/sun.hotspot.gc/jdk.test.whitebox.gc/g`
>  - `s/sun.hotspot.WhiteBox/jdk.test.whitebox.WhiteBox/g`
>
> testing: tier1-4
>
> Thanks,
> -- Igor

I know that tests fixes could be pushed during RDP2 without approval.
But these one is very big and it is not a fix - it is enhancement.

What is the reason you want to push it into JDK 17 just few days before first Release Candidate? Instead of pushing it into JDK 18.

And I can't even review it because GutHub UI hangs on these big changes.