[External] : Re: JEP draft: Scope Locals

Andrew Haley aph at redhat.com
Wed May 19 09:15:18 UTC 2021

On 5/18/21 3:19 AM, Mike Rettig wrote:
> With the current proposal I can't simply flush and close at the
> end of the scope because there might be a child scope that is still active.

Yes, that's true. I think that what you have in mind is a more elaborate
mechanism than what is proposed here, which does no more than bind values
to names over a scope. There needs to be more discussion in the JEP of
what this proposal isn't intended to do, and how we might cope with
mutability of a scope local's values.

--
Andrew Haley  (he/him)
Java Platform Lead Engineer