RFR: 8266459: Implement JEP 411: Deprecate the Security Manager for Removal [v3]

Weijun Wang weijun at openjdk.java.net
Wed May 19 22:17:34 UTC 2021

On Wed, 19 May 2021 22:04:57 GMT, Phil Race <prr at openjdk.org> wrote:

>> Correct, there are ways to modify the code to make it more annotation-friendly. We thought about whether it's good to do it before adding the annotations or after it. Our decision now is to do it after because it will be more easy to see why it's necessary and we can take time to do them little by little. A new enhancement at https://bugs.openjdk.java.net/browse/JDK-8267432 is filed.
>
> I don't think it is a separate P4 enhancement (?) that someone will (maybe) do next release.
> I think it should all be taken care of as part of this proposed change.

I just made it P3 (P4 was the default value), and I will target it to 17 once JEP 411 is targeted 17. But I think it's probably not a good idea to include it inside *this* PR. There are some middle ground where it's debatable if a change is worth doing (Ex: which is uglier between an a-liitle-faraway-annotation and a temporary variable?) so it's not obvious what the scope of the refactoring can be. Thus it will be divided into smaller sub-tasks. It's not totally impossible that part of the work will be delayed to next release.