RFR: JDK-8267936: PreserveAllAnnotations option doesn't expose the annotation to Java code [v3]

Jaroslav Tulach github.com+26887752+jaroslavtulach at openjdk.java.net
Mon May 31 05:58:54 UTC 2021

> This PR exposes runtime invisible annotations via `Class.getAnnotation` when `-XX:+PreserveAllAnnotations` option is passed to the JVM.
>
> Existing `-XX:+PreserveAllAnnotations` option can be very useful for code that needs to access annotations with `RetentionPolicy.CLASS` without the need to parse the .class files manually. While the RuntimeInvisibleAnnotations are kept in the runtime, they are not visible via java.lang.reflect API. I assume that's just an omission.
>
> This PR provides a new test and a fix to make `Class.getAnnotation(...)` useful when `-XX:+PreserveAllAnnotations` option is on.

Jaroslav Tulach has updated the pull request incrementally with two additional commits since the last revision:

 - Merging with test for long time existing behavior of -XX:+PreserveAllAnnotations
 - Test long time existing behavior of -XX:+PreserveAllAnnotations

Changes:
  - new: https://git.openjdk.java.net/jdk/pull/4245/files/699861ef..9548a565

Webrevs:
 - full: https://webrevs.openjdk.java.net/?repo=jdk&pr=4245&range=02