RFR: 8273514: java/util/DoubleStreamSums/CompensatedSums.java failure [v2]

Joe Darcy darcy at openjdk.java.net
Mon Sep 13 00:26:47 UTC 2021

On Thu, 9 Sep 2021 16:30:29 GMT, Ian Graves <igraves at openjdk.org> wrote:

>> Relaxing some assertion bounds to allow for small error values that still show improvement over previous summation method.
>
> Ian Graves has updated the pull request incrementally with one additional commit since the last revision:
>
>   Tweaking asserts

Marked as reviewed by darcy (Reviewer).

test/jdk/java/util/DoubleStreamSums/CompensatedSums.java line 87:

> 85:             badParallelStreamError += Math.pow(computeFinalSum(DoubleStream.of(rand).parallel().collect(doubleSupplier,objDoubleConsumer,badCollectorConsumer)) - sum[0], 2);
> 86:
> 87:

Above, if there are going to be multiple uese of Math.pow(arg, 2) in the test, I recommend defining a local private static square(double d) method for this test where square is
double square(double arg) {return arg * arg;}
The library method pow(arg, 2) does a check for the exponent being two and does a multiple instead.