RFR: 8193682: Infinite loop in ZipOutputStream.close()

Ravi Reddy rreddy at openjdk.java.net
Wed Sep 15 07:52:09 UTC 2021

Hi all,

Please review this fix for Infinite loop in ZipOutputStream.close().
The main issue here is when ever there is an exception during close operations on GZip we are not setting the deflator to a finished state which is leading to an infinite loop when we try writing on the same GZip instance( since we use while(!def.finished()) inside the write operation).

Thanks,
Ravi

Commit messages:
 - 8193682: Infinite loop in ZipOutputStream.close()

 Webrev: https://webrevs.openjdk.java.net/?repo=jdk&pr=5522&range=00
  Fetch: git fetch https://git.openjdk.java.net/jdk pull/5522/head:pull/5522