RFR: 8233674: JarURLConnection.getJarFile throws Exception if some process is holding the file

Alan Bateman alanb at openjdk.java.net
Mon Sep 27 08:07:53 UTC 2021

On Mon, 27 Sep 2021 07:40:26 GMT, Masanori Yano <myano at openjdk.org> wrote:

> It’s a good idea to ask the Microsoft folks about that, but I don't know the way to ask. Could you tell me how to do it?
>
> As you say, CreateFile function is used in other parts of the JDK, but it have a significant impact to fix all of that. Therefore, I fixed the problem about opening zip files and jar files which is reported in the JBS.

I think we need to find out if the issue you are working around is a bug/issue with the virus checker or that Microsoft recommends that all applications should require to work these issues. As regards the patch then it is incomplete. If we are forced to put a workaround into the JDK code then I think it will have to do everywhere, not just for zip/JAR files.