RFR: 8281104: jar --create should create missing parent directories

Christian Stein cstein at openjdk.java.net
Fri Feb 4 21:36:07 UTC 2022

On Thu, 3 Feb 2022 21:43:30 GMT, Lance Andersen <lancea at openjdk.org> wrote:

> I think this would be the appropriate place for documenting the behavior.

Like this?

-c, --create               Create the archive. When the path specified by -f, --file
                           contains a path, missing parent directories will also be created
-f, --file=FILE            The archive file name. When omitted, either stdin or
                           stdout is used based on the operation. Missing parent
                           directories of the file name path will be created

Perhaps, only adding it to `-c, --create` suffices. Having it also on `-f, --file` may confuse users, as this option is used all operation modes.

> Also we will need to update the MD file which represents the jar man page via a separate PR.

Yes. Will create PR for this.