RFR: 8281631: HashMap copy constructor and putAll can over-allocate table [v19]

Stuart Marks smarks at openjdk.java.net
Fri Feb 18 18:35:53 UTC 2022

On Fri, 18 Feb 2022 15:29:25 GMT, XenoAmess <duke at openjdk.java.net> wrote:

>> 8281631: HashMap copy constructor and putAll can over-allocate table
>
> XenoAmess has updated the pull request incrementally with two additional commits since the last revision:
>
>  - migrate to junit
>  - change threshold

Sigh. (I'm sighing at the author of the Enum/ConstantDirectoryOptimalCapacity.java test, not you.) What a mess. See https://bugs.openjdk.java.net/browse/JDK-8282120 which I just filed. The broken test and the OptimalCapacity utilities are mostly useless, so the change to that test and Class.java should be removed this PR, and the test added to the Problem List so it doesn't get run anymore. See test/jdk/ProblemList.txt and add an entry for the now-failing test, with a reference to 8282120.

I don't think I'll have time to look at the junit rewrite and to run this through our internal build/test system today, so sorry, this may need to wait a week.