RFR: 8282023: PropertiesStoreTest and StoreReproducibilityTest jtreg failures due to en_CA locale [v2]

Jaikiran Pai jpai at openjdk.java.net
Wed Feb 23 01:15:56 UTC 2022

On Tue, 22 Feb 2022 17:31:14 GMT, Naoto Sato <naoto at openjdk.org> wrote:

>> Jaikiran Pai has updated the pull request incrementally with two additional commits since the last revision:
>>
>>  - implement review comments
>>  - copyright years
>
> test/jdk/java/util/Properties/PropertiesStoreTest.java line 50:
>
>> 48:  * @test
>> 49:  * @summary tests the order in which the Properties.store() method writes out the properties
>> 50:  * @bug 8231640
>
> Add the bug id, also `@modules jdk.localedata` needs to be added.

I have added this to the updated PR. But just to understand why this is needed, I had a look at the jtreg tag specification doc, which states:

So with this `@modules` added, it will no longer run tests where the `jdk.localedata` isn't present. Given that this `PropertiesStoreTest` tests a few other things other than the locale insensitive parsing of the date comment, do you think adding this `@modules` would now skip some of the other testing in this test unnecessarily? Furthermore, since the `provideLocales()` data provider method in this test has necessary checks (via `getAvailableLocales()`) to only use the non-guaranteed locales if they are available, do you think this `@modules` is still needed?