RFR: 8282219: jdk/java/lang/ProcessBuilder/Basic.java fails on AIX [v4]

Ichiroh Takiguchi itakiguchi at openjdk.java.net
Thu Feb 24 07:42:03 UTC 2022

On Wed, 23 Feb 2022 18:49:22 GMT, Ichiroh Takiguchi <itakiguchi at openjdk.org> wrote:

>> Run jtreg:jdk/java/lang/ProcessBuilder/Basic.java on AIX.
>> The test was failed by:
>>   Incorrect handling of envstrings containing NULs
>>
>> According to my investigation, this issue was happened after following change was applied.
>> JDK-8272600: (test) Use native "sleep" in Basic.java
>>
>> test.nativepath value was added into AIX's LIBPATH during running this testcase.
>> On AIX, test.nativepath value should be removed from LIBPATH value before comparing the values.
>
> Ichiroh Takiguchi has updated the pull request incrementally with one additional commit since the last revision:
>
>   Add null check

In my investigation, this issue happened after JDK-8272600 was applied.
  [JDK-8272600](https://bugs.openjdk.java.net/browse/JDK-8272600) (test) Use native "sleep" in Basic.java

It added `/native` on `@run` tag.

- @run main/othervm/timeout=300 -Djava.security.manager=allow Basic
- @run main/othervm/timeout=300 -Djava.security.manager=allow -Djdk.lang.Process.launchMechanism=fork Basic
+ @run main/othervm/native/timeout=300 -Djava.security.manager=allow Basic
+ @run main/othervm/native/timeout=300 -Djava.security.manager=allow -Djdk.lang.Process.launchMechanism=fork Basic

For this change, `test.nativepath` setting added into `LIBPATH` environment variable on parent (main) process.

Older AIX might require parent's `LIBPATH` setting against child process on some of cases.
But it seems the current AIX does not require `LIBPATH` setting.
#7581 applied parent `LIBPATH` setting against child process.
Please choose the appropriate one.