RFR: 8287171: Refactor null caller tests to a single directory [v6]

Mandy Chung mchung at openjdk.java.net
Wed Jun 1 16:57:28 UTC 2022

On Wed, 1 Jun 2022 03:01:35 GMT, Tim Prinzing <tprinzing at openjdk.org> wrote:

>> Created a test at test/jdk/jdk/nullCaller called NullCallerTest that creates a test module with some resources in it for the actual tests that occur at the native level. The native part was switched to c++ instead of c to make it easier to create helper objects that reduce the redundant code performing error checking. The two helper classes InstanceCall and StaticCall were placed in an include file called CallHelper.hpp. The main part of the tests are in exeNullCallerTest.cpp, and there is a separate function for each of the bug reports.
>
> Tim Prinzing has updated the pull request incrementally with one additional commit since the last revision:
>
>   move jni/nullCaller tests to jdk_lang group

test/jdk/jni/nullCaller/exeNullCallerTest.cpp line 27:

> 25:
> 26: /* Test for JDK-8280902
> 27:  * ResourceBundle::getBundle may throw NPE when invoked by JNI code with no caller frame

This comment isn't correct.  `ResourceBundle::getBundle` defaults to the system class loader if invoked by a null caller and I don't expect it may throw NPE.   Looks like you copy the summary of the JBS issue here, which isn't helpful to the readers.    I expect it a description of the test case.

Same comments to all other test cases.