Handling of USR2 signal in JVM on Linux

Thomas Stüfe thomas.stuefe at gmail.com
Wed Jun 15 10:45:42 UTC 2022

More specifically, I propose to gracefully ignore SIGUSR2 in release builds
if the receiving thread is not a java thread, but to retain the assert in
debug builds.

We could make it more involved by checking the sender pid and accepting
only signals from hotspot threads themselves, but I do not think this
complexity is necessary.

Cheers, Thomas