Handling of USR2 signal in JVM on Linux

Andrey Turbanov turbanoff at gmail.com
Wed Jun 15 11:16:56 UTC 2022

>not C++ undefined behavior, nothing to do with C++

>From 'signals_posix.cpp':

Thread* thread = Thread::current_or_null_safe();
assert(thread != NULL, "Missing current thread in SR_handler");

if (thread->has_terminated()) {
  return;
}

In release build there will be no assert and 'thread' will be 'NULL'.
This is C++ code and in C++ dereferencing of NULL pointers is
undefined behaviour.
Do I miss something?

Andrey Turbanov