RFR: 8283335 : Add exists and readAttributesIfExists methods to FileSystemProvider [v2]

Alan Bateman alanb at openjdk.org
Sun Jun 26 13:16:52 UTC 2022

On Sun, 26 Jun 2022 11:13:58 GMT, Lance Andersen <lancea at openjdk.org> wrote:

>> Hi,
>>
>> Please review the following patch which will:
>>
>> - Enhance the java.nio.file.spi.FileSystemProvider abstract class to include the methods
>>
>>   - public boolean exists(Path path, LinkOption... options)
>>   - public <A extends BasicFileAttributes> A readAttributesIfExists(Path path, Class<A> type, LinkOption... options)
>>

>> This change allows for providers to provide optimizations when the file's attributes are not needed.
>>
>> Mach5 tiers 1 - 3  run clean with this change
>>
>> The CSR may be viewed at [JDK-8283336](https://bugs.openjdk.org/browse/JDK-8283336)
>>

>> Best,
>> Lance
>
> Lance Andersen has updated the pull request incrementally with one additional commit since the last revision:
>
>   Updates based on review feedback

The implementation changes in latest version address my previous points, thanks!  I don't the test as it duplicates most of the existing of the TestProvider in this directory and the naming is inconsistent with the existing tests. I expect you should be able to just extent TestProvider and override the two methods to record that they can been called.