Active project?

Robert Savage robert at savage7.com
Thu Nov 12 11:47:07 UTC 2015

Hi Jeff,

You should be able to use PWM with Pi4J.

Simple hardware PWM example:

package gpio.test;

import com.pi4j.io.gpio.GpioController;
import com.pi4j.io.gpio.GpioFactory;
import com.pi4j.io.gpio.GpioPinPwmOutput;
import com.pi4j.io.gpio.RaspiPin;

public class PwmTest {

   /**
     * @throws java.lang.InterruptedException
     */
    public static void main(String[] args) throws InterruptedException {

        GpioController gpio = GpioFactory.getInstance();
        GpioPinPwmOutput pwm = gpio.provisionPwmOutputPin(RaspiPin.GPIO_24);
        pwm.setPwm(500);

        // keep program running until user aborts (CTRL-C)
        for (;;) { Thread.sleep(500); }
    }

}

Thanks, Robert