Documenting the interfaces to the VM

Volker Simonis volker.simonis at gmail.com
Thu May 10 13:56:35 UTC 2012

Hi Neil,

this project sounds very interesting and promising!

What do you exactly mean by documenting the native interfaces with Doxygen?
Do you propose to put Doxygen comments around the "JVM_*" functions in
"jvm.h" for example?

As this file is duplicated under "hotspot/src/share/vm/prims/jvm.h"
and "jdk/src/share/javavm/export/jvm.h" where do you would suggest to
place the documentation?

Or asking the other way around: would you propose to start this
project from the JDKs point of view (i.e. what does the JDK require to
run) or from the VM's perspective (i.e. what does the VM want to
provide)?

Regards,
Volker