Request for reviews (M): 6674600, 6259129 (last Escape Analysis changes for HS12)

John Rose John.Rose at Sun.COM
Mon Mar 17 12:45:00 PDT 2008

On Mar 17, 2008, at 1:38 PM, Vladimir Kozlov wrote:

> Should I also check that at_ptr->klass() is not interface and
> is java klass? I assume that the klass for allocation is not interface
> and is java klass. Am I right?

You are right.  It must be a non-abstract class.

> Also should I check that adrInst_t->klass()->is_subtype_of(at_ptr-
> >klass())?
> Or the alias check does that? I mean will the next be true (for
> instance klass):

The function flatten_alias_type normalizes the klass, to the super
class which
actually contains the given offset.  So, generally, there's no need
for subtype
checks when comparing aliases.

I would convert those checks to asserts, just to be sure you are working
with properly normalized types.

-- John