Request for reviews (M): 7059037: Use BIS for zeroing on T4

Vladimir Kozlov vladimir.kozlov at oracle.com
Thu Aug 25 16:51:56 PDT 2011

Ramki,

Ramki Ramakrishna wrote:
> Hi Vladimir --
>
> On 8/24/2011 5:52 PM, Vladimir Kozlov wrote:
>> http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~kvn/7059037/webrev
>>
>> 7059037: Use BIS for zeroing on T4

>> Zap new object in CollectedHeap::allocate_from_tlab_slow() instead of
>> zeroing it
>> since it will be cleaned later in init_obj().

TLAB::allocate() zaps new objects so I think allocate_from_tlab_slow() should
also zap new object (and I copied code from ThreadLocalAllocBuffer::allocate())
instead of cleaning it since it will be cleaned later in init_obj().

>> Fixed call sites of check_for_bad_heap_word_value() where klass is not
>> initialized to avoid the verification failure.

% /java/re/jdk/7/latest/binaries/solaris-i586/fastdebug/bin/java
-XX:+CheckMemoryInitialization -Xcomp t
VM option '+CheckMemoryInitialization'
# To suppress the following error report, specify this argument
# after -XX: or in .hotspotrc:  SuppressErrorAt=/collectedHeap.cpp:98
#
#
#  Internal Error
(/tmp/workspace/jdk7-2-build-solaris-i586-product/jdk7/hotspot/src/share/vm/gc_interface/collectedHeap.cpp:98),
pid=27663, tid=2
#  assert((*(intptr_t*) (addr + slot)) != ((intptr_t) badHeapWordVal)) failed:
Found badHeapWordValue in post-allocation check
#
# JRE version: 7.0-b147
# Java VM: Java HotSpot(TM) Server VM (21.0-b17-fastdebug compiled mode
solaris-x86 )

Vladimir