compiled method info

Xin Tong xerox.time.tech at gmail.com
Thu May 3 13:20:45 PDT 2012

On Thu, May 3, 2012 at 4:13 PM, Christian Thalinger
<christian.thalinger at oracle.com> wrote:

> On May 3, 2012, at 11:54 AM, Xin Tong wrote:
>
>> I am new to hotspot JVM. I am wondering how can I get a log of all the
>> method compiled
>
> You can print the compiled methods with -XX:+PrintCompilation.

This will print the compiled method to the stdout, is there a way to
force it to some output file ?

>> and how can i get the intermediate representation
>
> This is more complicated.  Do you mean the graph that's produced during the compile?
>
>> and
>> optimizations performed on one particular method ?

Yes. I used to work on some other compiler framework in which one is
able to print the graph after every optimization.

> Depends on the compiler used.  You might get an idea what's going on using -XX:+TimeCompiler (this is only available in a non-product build).

I used make all  to build openJDK. however, all the developer options
are not available. How do i make a non-product build. I do not want a
debug build, as debug build tend to run slower than prod build.

-- Xin