RFR(S): 8043125: compiler/types/correctness/CorrectnessTest.java: assert(layout->tag() == DataLayout::speculative_trap_data_tag) failed: wrong type

Roland Westrelin roland.westrelin at oracle.com
Sat Aug 2 05:00:11 UTC 2014

Thanks for reviewing this, Vladimir.

> Can you add set_speculative_traps_cleaned_up() setter method?
> Can you also change suffix _cleaned_up to _modified or _updated?
> Otherwise clear_*_cleaned_up sounds strange.
> So safepoint can happen during translate_from() call. Right? Please say
> it in your comment?

I made the changes you suggested above:

http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~roland/8043125/webrev.01/

Regarding this:

> The comment said that new traps can be added but I don't see the flag
> state change for such case.

A trap is added during deoptimization. When a trap is added the
extra_data_lock is acquired (in MethodData::bci_to_extra_data()). In
ciMethodData::load_extra_data_helper(), once the extra_data_lock is
acquired, we are guaranteed that no new traps can be added so there's no
need to flag the state change for new traps. New traps may have been
added before the extra_data_lock is acquired. I updated the comment to
make this clearer.

Roland.