RFR(S): 8027829: CompileCommand does not accept all JLS-conformant class/method names

Albert Noll albert.noll at oracle.com
Fri Dec 12 10:08:13 UTC 2014

Some minor things:

518 // The characters allowed is based on the JVM specification.

I am not sure if this is a correct sentence, but I am not a native speaker.
"The JVM specification defines the allowed characters" sounds more
correct to me.

519 // Some tokens disallowed in the JVMS have some meaning
520 // when parsing so we need to include them here.

Same here.
Maybe we could use:
"Tokens that are disallowed by the JVM specification can have a meaning
to the parser so we need to include them here..."

// The parser do not enforce all rules of the JVMS - a successful parse

"The parser *does* not ....

Best,
Albert