RFR (M): 6848902: [TESTBUG] The compiler/6589834/Test_ia32.java timed out

Filipp Zhinkin filipp.zhinkin at oracle.com
Fri Jul 11 15:24:01 UTC 2014

Hi all,

please review fix for 6848902.

compiler/6589834/Test_ia32.java starts 100 threads with spin-loop inside
and on some hosts with small amount of CPU coresit takes too much time.

Also there is another issue - test intended to catch interpreter's stack
corruption after deoptimization, but it can fail only on VM crash.
I've checked how it works w/ JDK 6u17 (where 6589834 was not fixed) and
found that issue may not cause VM crash. In suchsituation test just
prints message "Bug!", but do not actually fail.

I reduced amount of used threads to 2 * availableProcessors()
and add more asserts on test results, so now it can catch original
issue even if VM doesn't crash.

Also, VerifyStackwas added to test's options as it was suggested in
original test.

After all, test still can reproduce original issue w/ 6u17.

Testing: on local machine, automated on all platforms.
Webrev: http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~fzhinkin/6848902/webrev.00/

Thanks,
Filipp.