C2: Advantage of parse time inlining

Vladimir Ivanov vladimir.x.ivanov at oracle.com
Thu May 14 16:36:45 UTC 2015

Vitaly,

Can you elaborate your question a bit? What do you compare parse-time
inlining with? Mentioning of С1 & profile pollution in this context
confuses me.

Usually, people care about 35 (= MaxInlineSize), because for methods up
to MaxInlineSize their call frequency is ignored. So, fewer chances to
end up with non-inlined call.

Best regards,
Vladimir Ivanov