RFR: 8265711: C1: Intrinsify Class.getModifier method [v2]

Tobias Hartmann thartmann at openjdk.java.net
Tue Apr 27 12:55:49 UTC 2021

But your first version (https://github.com/openjdk/jdk/pull/3616/commits/7f0be4e8a2cb4f6a9ef650b1b31c16f46716a257) already had the change to `is_intrinsic_supported`? Shouldn't that version have triggered test failures because it does not handle primitive types?

> With the new IR test framework, these kinds of problem would never happen, we can do verification at IR level.

Unfortunately not. The IR test framework currently only supports C2.