RFR: 8254129: IR Test Framework to support regex-based matching on the IR in JTreg compiler tests [v6]

Christian Hagedorn chagedorn at openjdk.java.net
Tue Apr 27 15:25:43 UTC 2021

This handling with `XCOMP` (and other related ones) seem to be wrong and only worked like that in the old Valhalla framework. I don't think it is correct like that anymore. I discussed it with @TobiHartmann and thus added a new debug flag `-DIgnoreCompilerControls` to achieve the same functionality as in the old framework. I will push this update in a separate commit.

> test/lib/jdk/test/lib/hotspot/ir_framework/TestFrameworkExecution.java line 373:
>
>> 371:         boolean exclude = random.nextBoolean();
>> 372:         CompLevel level = CompLevel.ANY;
>> 373:         if (exclude) {
>
> Transform to early return?

I refactored the code relating to `ExcludeRandom`.

The parameter is for [osr](https://github.com/openjdk/jdk/blob/dc323a933401e4e540cdc416de5260923f42ba7f/src/hotspot/share/prims/whitebox.cpp#L928-L937): We need to exclude the method for osr and for normal compilations.