RFR: 8266184: a few compiler/debug tests don't check exit code

Igor Ignatyev iignatyev at openjdk.java.net
Wed Apr 28 05:13:59 UTC 2021

Hi all,

could you please review this small fix for `compiler/debug` tests?
from JBS:
> `compiler/debug/TestGenerateStressSeed.java`, `TestStressCM.java`, and `TestStressIGVNAndCCP.java` don't check the exit code of spawned JVMs, as a result, they might miss misconfiguration and/or defects. in fact, `TestStressIGVNAndCCP.java` uses a wrong flag name (`TraceIterativeIGVN` instead of `TraceIterativeGVN`) and this was unnoticed b/c we didn't check the exit code.

the patch adds calls to `OutputAnalyzer::shouldHaveExitValue` and fixes `TestStressIGVNAndCCP.java` to use the right flag.

testing:
- [x] `test/hotspot/jtreg/compiler/debug` on `linux-x64-debug`

Thanks,
-- Igor

Commit messages:
 - copyright year