The Interpreter Mechanism?

xenway xenway at gmail.com
Tue Dec 30 13:57:33 PST 2008

 Hi,

Sorry to bother you all.

I am trying to modify the hotspot interpreter to collect some profile data.
The main thing I want to do is understand the mechanism of bytecode
interpreter. I want to collect some data to
the interpreter, especially the lock information whenever an invoke_monitor*
bytecode operation is about to executed such that my specific data structure
gets updated. Can you please guide me to the part of the code where
interpreter works when I use '-Xint' option corresponding to a bytecode
operation. I can't figure out how and where it is executed in the
interpreter mode.

Thanks,
Alex Xie